We had been "not not trying" for a couple of months and honestly didn't believe it would happen so quickly. (I sure am glad it did, though, because the anxiety of waiting to take that test each month was pure heck.) I was only a day or two late, but figured I ought to take a test before we hit the road to drive down to Florida for Christmas. So, first thing this morning, I took it -- half believing it would come back negative -- and, much to my pleasant surprise, it read PREGNANT in clear, bold letters! After taking a moment or two to let the news hit me, I went back into our bedroom where Dave was just beginning to wake up for the day ahead. I'm not sure what I said (something like, "There's something you should see...") before handing him the positive test, but afterwards we cuddled in bed for what seemed like forever, letting the mix of excitement, surprise, and shock sink in.
I spent most of the rest of the day in a daydream, savoring our little secret and trying desperately to focus at work; there were just too many happy thoughts swirling around in my head to concentrate on any one thing for very long. I did manage to call my doctor to make an appointment for after the holidays and also took one more test this evening just to make sure I wasn't seeing things earlier. :)
Even now, two tests later, I can hardly believe it's true. We are so hopeful and excited, though, and are already bursting to tell everyone our big news...
No comments:
Post a Comment